I recently traveled to Newport RI, and wow, it was breathtaking. The Downtown area has plenty of small shops, (including the first Alex and Ani store ever!) while, on the other edge of town, the ocean front holds some of the most extravagant homes from the Gilded Age in the U.S.
 |
| This shot was taken outside of a small hat stand. I loved the bow on the back of this beauty! My shorts in the picture are from JCrew, and my peplum shirt is from Topshop. |
 |
| Here I am outside of "The Breakers," AKA the Vanderbilt's summer cottage. Newport is great because the historical society now owns most of the luxurious mansions, which allows the public to tour them! Here I am wearing a shirt from Necessary Clothing, shorts from Lily Pulitzer, and shoes from Jack Rodgers. |
 |
| Here is a better look at the entire Breaker's mansion. |
 |
| This is one of my favorite ocean views ever! The cliff walk in Newport which is a 3.5 mile trail that treks along the backyards of beautiful homes on Ocean Drive. |
 |
| The Rose Cliff Mansion, also owned by the historical society, happens to be where the original Great Gatsby Movie was filmed. They could not have picked a more fitting location. I was lucky enough to also tour this home and the french and Italian mixture of style truly was stunning to the eye. |
 |
| This lighthouse looks at the Newport Pell Bridge, and greets those who enter the town. |
So cool! Hope you had an amazing time and I love your outfit in the first photo!
ReplyDelete-Erica